Thursday, November 13, 2008

jocelyn wants to be a follower. i hope you do, too.

At times like this, I wish I was a geek.

No, really.

Because then I could teach you how to be a follower of MOPS@Northgate by taking magical pictures of the computer screen, and Photoshopping arrows and words and stuff so that you could know what to do.

But I'm not a geek. I was a geek a little more than 12 years ago, but I seem to have outgrown that. Not totally outgrewn, or anything, or I would not be an aspiring geek.

Moving on.

To become a follower, you need to have an account with the googles. So go ye to the googles and create an account. It is easy peasy.

Then, when you are visiting MOPS@Northgate, look at the column on the right. There's the What is MOPS? thingie, and the About Me thingie, and then the Followers thingie. Right under the word Followers, are the words FOLLOW THIS BLOG. Click those words. Then, choose Follow Publicly, or Follow Anonymously.

If you're a blogger, and you're looking for traffic, then you should follow publicly, so people can see your picture, click it, and go visit you. That's why you'll see my sort-of-wonky picture with fuzzed out trees and a blue and white striped sweater. Because I likes me some bloggy traffic. And the other current follower? Super cool Sue Smith, the gal who so kindly offered to take those horrific photos of me from Tuesday's meeting. And not that the word horrific has anything to do with her mad skillz, but did you see those pictures?

If you're lucky, I'll take a really, truly flattering picture of you and post it here.

Like this one:


Or this one:


Hi, Courtney. Just kidding. That's not Courtney. Or is it?

And when you become a follower of MOPS@Northgate, MOPS@Northgate will become a follower of you.

And then we'll just run around in circles.

2 comments:

Rebz said...

HEY! When I look at the "Followers" section I see- top line: FOLLOWERS (2), then the two pics, and the bottom line: 2 FOLLOWERS
There are no words FOLLOW THIS BLOG.
So. Please help me figure it out. And I am asking everyone, not just Pamela. Because I am having trouble figuring it out myself.
Thanks!
XOXO
Joce

MOPS @ Northgate said...

I checked the blog before I was signed in, and under the Followers section, in blue letters, it says "Follow This Blog".

If that is not working for you, then go to the dashboard of your blog. Under the part where your avatar is located (avatar being the pic that shows up when you comment) there is a part called reading list.

The first tab on the reading list section is Blogs I'm Following. There is an "add" button at the bottom of the white box, and you can click on that to add our blog to your list. You will show up on our list of followers, and we will appear in your list. On your list.