Wednesday, November 12, 2008

how to make a pop up card

Big thanks to Sandra for teaching us how to make pop-up cards that are ornaments. Or are they ornaments that are cards? You decide. Here's what we did.

You will need plain cardstock, and pretty cardstock, a piece of ribbon about six inches long, a photo, scissors, a pencil, a ruler (if you like straight lines), and glue.

Fancy.


A paper cut? Already?

Amateur.



When you fold your papers, make sure the top part of the card
(which is on the bottom in this picture, sorry about that)
has more of the pretty paper than the bottom.

In other words, fold the plain paper in half, and fold the pretty
paper so that the top part is bigger than the bottom part.

Got that?



Here is where we make magic. Or something.

Make two cuts, about 3/4 inch long, perpendicular to the fold of the pretty paper.

If you are like me, you'll enjoy using a ruler so it's all very neat and orderly.





This poor woman has been trapped in her house with
three awfully crabby children for nearly two weeks.

Send help.

Sometimes help looks like coffee or truffles.
I'm just saying.



Back to that help request.











Some people can follow directions, and
brought pictures to MOPS this week.

Not me.

That's why you're admiring other people's cards right about now.







And that, my friends, is how to make a fancy pop-up card.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

There's more fun over at the dayton time. You can click my name on this comment and head over, if you like. I have links to other MOPS gals, too, and I'm happy to blow their covers.

Carol P said...

Yay, now that you've mastered this pop up, come on over and learn 20 more!

Carol
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting
http://extremecards.blogspot.com

Rebz said...

Pamela, You made laugh really loudly, more than once. More than twice, actually. Snorting ensued. Brilyn came to me with a concerned expression and said, "who are you laughing with, Mommy?
Camela, of course.

Also: GIVE ME THE RECIPE FOR THE PUMPKIN ROLL NOW!

And finally, all you MOPS mommies are also invited to my blog, at www.jubbyplace.blogspot.com

And really finally, I am having a little candle sniffing party on the 20th. There will be yummy things to eat and drink. See the invite on my blog.
XOXO
Joe

Rebz said...

And by Joe? I mean Joce.

Rebz said...

And one more thing, how do I become a follower of this blog? Or any blog for that matter.
XOXO
Joce